Thursday 8 September 2016

UNREALISTIC DEMAND BY EMPLOYERS

These days there are many employers who complaints that young people these days are making unrealistic demand. That is not entirely true. I am a recent fresh graduate and unemployed. Whenever I open jobstreet.com and other job advertisement websites I found that employer themselves are making unrealistic demand. I open a lot of job advertisement titled "Junior Executive" but required experience of at least 3 years. This is absurd, because anyone who have 3 years of experience should entitled to be senior already. Also, most of the job "Junior Executive" ad's which requires 3 years of experience are offering salary RM 2500 and sometimes even less. RM 2500 are among the average level of fresh graduate pay, how come you expect someone who have 3 years of experience to be paid the same level as a fresh graduate. Sometimes, even lower.

I also am dissatisfied with many big multi national companies who mostly pay RM 2500 to fresh graduate. I have a friend who work with an a SME company and yet he could make RM 2400 per month. How come big MNC could not afford to pay a little higher then RM 2500. In fact, they really should've been paid higher then that because the work load of SME and MNC are hugely different.

I really am unsatisfied with the must know Chinese policy. This is strictly racism, especially when most of the company listed on the job ads are SME with no export market at all. The majority of non Malay in Malaysia could already speak Malay(fluent or broken) therefore there is no justification for the must know Chinese policy. Some of them even went as far as typing it in capital letter and bold the words saying "Chinese speaking candidate are encouraged to apply". Chinese people must realize that if they want equality they themselves must practice equality. I am a huge supporter of meritocracy and equality in Malaysia, but when things like this happens, it really makes me have second thoughts.

Some companies went even as far as not providing any increment at all. I have some acquaintances who are working in SME's in which their company have never gave them any increment at all even after 3,4 years of working. What is even worse, one of my friend told me that when he got a new job offer and he had to inform his boss that he got an offered, his boss asked him, why does everybody works here for only a short period of time. She really have no idea why nobody want to leave her company. Well, u cant expect people to stay there when you have never provide any increment or bonuses at all.

Last but not least, I wanted to share an experience of one of my friend. She just finished her studies and receive an interview as a junior executive in KL. My friend wrote RM 2500 in the expected salary field. The company's owner who interviewed her said, that my friend is too demanding. She said that for a fresh graduate it should not be more then RM 1800. This too is a pathetic figure and this is what we called an abused of human rights. RM 2500 is not demanding. That is basic necessity for survival. We all know how tough and costly it is to live in KL. Anything below then RM 2500 is really a struggle to live in KL. Business owner makes tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousand or millions of profits yet they cannot even show a little bit of sympathy and give young people like us the basic necessity wage. Businesses have become too greedy. They expect us to do this, to do that, but they themselves dont want too pay a reasonable salary. They themselves dont want to pay increment. They themselves dont want to pay overtime payment. They expects us to be their slave. I wouldnt mind working hard at all, but as a human being, I want to be rewarded as what I am supposed to be paid. That is all what we young people want. We dont want to be treated in a wrong manner anymore.

The view written is entirely my opinion and based on real life experience by some of my acquaintances. The whole situation and scenario is happening in a country which I resides currently and in this case Malaysia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment